UBMD Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine is expanding the availability of telemedicine appointments to patients during the COVID-19 pandemic. This service allows for appointments to be conducted via video conferencing through a smartphone or computer with camera and microphone. Patients will be able to speak directly with their physician from their home without the need for an in-office appointment, helping to encourage social distancing and reducing the potential risk of exposure for patients.
How It Works:
- Patient must have a smartphone or computer/laptop with a microphone and web camera.
- If a patient does not have a device that can accomodate this, but a spouse, child or other close individual does, our team can route the telemedicine call to a different device or contact phone number or email address.
- Once a patient calls to schedule a telemedicine appointment, they will receive a link via text.
- When it comes time for your appointment, all you have to do is click the link to be connected to your provider.
- If you accidentally delete the link or cannot find it at your appointment date and time, our staff can resend it to you.
- A “chat” function is also available for telemedicine calls to allow either a patient or provider to type information. This can be beneficial if either party cannot understand what is being said due to audio issues, complex concepts or terms, or other reasons.
Home Recovery Exercises
For more information on home recovery exercises, click here.
Learn more or find out how to schedule a telemedicine appointment with the team at UBMD Orthopaedics & Sports medicine today by calling 716.204.3200.